APPLY TO THE GALLERY (application is below)
Sole Survivor invites you to consider becoming a part of our creative community. There is no fee to apply. The usual commissions are retained on sales and a standard consignment agreement details the commitment to insure a clear understanding of the Gallery’s obligation to the Artist and vice versa.
Begin your inquiry here by filling out the application form. Annie Rye, gallery director, sets aside time regularly (about once a month) to review applications and will contact you as soon as the jury committee has made a decision. Please no phone calls or inquiries in person. However, we do encourage you to visit the gallery to see what we’re all about.
1. Resident Gallery Artist – This is an opportunity to be part of the gallery on a regular basis by displaying and selling your work for an extended period of time. There is no fee to apply. Standard gallery commissions are retained on sales.
2. Art after Five – Is a monthly ”art happening” held the first Friday of each month from 5-8 pm. You will be added to a list of interested artists to be called when there is an opening. There is currently no fee or commission charged to participate.
3. .Art and Wine Walk - This an annual event is held each November in Downtown Belleville. You will be added to a list of artists to be called to exhibit. There is no fee or commission charged.
4. Group Exhibit - This is a one time opportunity for guilds or a group of artists looking to show their work to a wider audience in a gallery setting. Opening night is held the first Friday of the month in conjunction with Art after Five. The gallery will consider a Sunday afternoon opening if it’s more appropriate for your group. Depending on the nature of the exhibit there may be a fee of $75-$200.
5. Solo Exhibit – This is a one time opportunity for an individual to show their work at Sole Survivor Art Gallery. Solo exhibits can range from 2 weeks up to one month depending on our current exhibition schedule. Opening night is held the first Friday of the month in conjunction with Art after Five. Depending on the nature of the exhibit there may be a fee of $75-$100 for incedental expenses.
6. Performance Artists – This is an ongoing, regular opportunity for you to perform LIVE AND IN PERSON! Sole Survivor would like to invite performance artists in the following mediums to apply: Music, poetry, dance, theater, etc. There is no fee or commission charged. You may “put out a hat” to collect tips. This opportunity will be open during Art after Five and during other downtown events or at times when Main Street is especially busy with walking traffic.
Students are encouraged to apply. We offer a reduced commission rate for students who are currently pursuing a degree in the arts
Sole Survivor Art Gallery
25 East Main St.
Open Monday – Thursday 9-6; Friday – Saturday 9-5; Sunday – Please call or check our FB page